Amazon announced that free super save delivery would not apply to orders below £10, except for certain products, for example, books and DVDs. What might happen to Amazon’s profits or lack of?
Needs and user behaviour
Analysing, as this blog does for search engine, user’s allows us to find out what affects this small change will have for Amazon.
- Customer’s behaviour might increase expenditure because customer’s will spend more money in order to quality for free delivery. Instead of buying a pack of discs, for instance, a customer might add an additional item, such as a USB pen drive, to make the £10 total.
- Some people prefer to shop using the web so their shopping patterns are unlikely to change because going into a traditional store is already off putting.
- It is, however, worth noting that there is now “more hassle” for Amazon customers who initially wanted to purchase a small, inexpensive item reflected in an inexpensive invoice. These types of customers may go back to being a “traditional shopper” for smaller items. Local stores, additionally, provide instant products which, in an ideal world, is what any shopper wants.
Do you think Amazon will lose or gain money? Tweet Gerald or comment below.
Posted by Gerald Murphy
- BBC. (2013) Amazon scraps free delivery on some purchases under £10 [Online] [Accessed on 23rd July 2013]
- Amazon. (no date) Free delivery at Amazon. [Online] [Accessed on 23rd July 2013]
The terms and conditions for developers state that Google Glass will not display advertisements. Companies will not be allowed to charge for apps.
Specification of Google Glasses*
- Each pair of glasses will come with two extra pairs of nosepads in two sizes to allow the adjustable frames to fit on any face
- A 5MP camera will record videos in 720p.
- Bone Conduction Transducer audio technology will be used
- G WiFi technology and bluetooth will allow connection to the internet (and possibly other glasses?!)
- 12GB of memory which can be synced to Google’s cloud service
- The battery will be similar to most mobiles in use today (one day on full charge, or less for Hangouts or video recording)
- Charger is micro USB
- Any bluetooth mobile will be able to connect to Google Glasses
- MyGlass will be a companion app on Android mobiles (Ice Cream Sandwich or higher)
*(Google 2013: online)
What about other companies?*
Chinese search engine Baidu is currently working on a similar project to Google Glass. Japanese firm Telepathy Inc might be Google’s competitor
* Source: BBC (2013: online).
Posted by: Gerald Murphy
- BBC (2013) Google Glass: No advertising allowed, developers told [Online] [Accessed on 16th April 2013] http://is.gd/20WCkg
- Google (2013) Tech specs. [Online] [Accessed on 16th April 2013] http://is.gd/YhC2yW
Galaxy Mega 6.3 smartphone specifications and price
- Size of screen
- At 6.3 inches, or 16 cms, the Samsung Galaxy Mega smartphone is the largest smartphone on the market
- Operating system
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 199 grams
- Apple’s iPhone 5 weighs 112 grams whereas the Samsung Galaxy SIII weighs 133 grams.
- Is there a smaller Galaxy Mega smartphone?
- Yes! It is 5.8 inches (1.1 inche smaller)
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 smartphone specifications
- HD LCD display with 720p resolution. 1.7GHz dual-core processor. 1.5GB of RAM. 8GB/16GB storage. microSD support up to 64GB. 8-megapixel camera. 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. Bluetooth 4.0. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct. GPS, GLONASS. LTE support. IR sensor. NFC. MHL. Size: 167.6 x 88 x 7.9mm.
- Release date
- Samsung said the mobile will be launched “globally” in May starting with “Europe and Russia”.
- £596.08 / €699
- Anon. (2013) Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and 5.8. [Online] [Accessed on 11th April 2013] http://is.gd/Z298iz
- BBC (2013) Samsung unveils 6.3in Galaxy Mega smartphone. [Online] [Accessed on 11th April 2013] http://is.gd/Lmb1qc
- Samsung. (2013) GALAXY Mega 6.3. [Online] [Accessed on 11th April 2013] http://is.gd/F1o0Ri
- Smith, C. (2013) Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Mega 5.8 official: specs, features, release date and pricing. [Online] [Accessed on 11th April 2013] http://is.gd/eWYA8M