What types of people use Google?
- Specific Googler
- Specific Googlers know what they are looking for. Most Specific Googlers will use Google’s advanced search features and/or use several words rather than a broad informational term.
- Browser Googler
- A Googler who wants to simply search for general areas of interest, for example, where was my [manufacturer] laptop made? Browser Googler’s casually want to find information on a loose subject rather than a specific topic.
- Now Googler (I want it!)
- The first handful of hits are examined rather than taking into account the domain name or how relevant the description meta data is, for example.
- Relaxed Googler
- A laid back Googler who is easily persuaded by auto-completion and auto-suggestion technologies. A relaxed Googler and a browser are related since their choice of search topics are loose.
- Complete Googler
- Uses Google for everything, for instance, maps, weather and Google search, of course. This type of Googler favours personalisation and most Google products.
- Way Googler
- This Googler will check cache webpages and will monitor the changes of specific keywords to find out if rankings increase/decrease.
Posted by Gerald Murphy