Overview: Optimising your website*
- Appearance of search results
- Create excellent titles, use a descriptive content-focused domain name and file name structure
- Use the alt=”A photo of…” attribrute alongside short captions for every image
- ‘Content is king’
- Focus on creating quality, up-to-date and unique content.
*Adapted from (Schwartz 2013: online).
For more tips read what can I do to improve my SEO.
The future of search*
- Augmented reality
- A variety of search engines
- Mobile, localised search
*Adapted from (Mashable no date: online).
It is clear that search engines are becomming human-like programs. They can identify quality, relevance…. Optimising your website will allow you to rank well and allow your users to have a good user experience. Search engines still have a long way to go (i.e. identifying infringed copyright and displaying correct and maintaining up-to-date localised search results).
- Mashable. (No date) Future of Search Series. [Online] [Accessed on 27th March 2013] http://mashable.com/category/future-of-search-series/
- Schwartz, B. (2013) Google’s 3 Steps To Optimizing Your Web Site (One Page Cheat Sheet). [Online] [Accessed on 27th March 2013] http://searchengineland.com/googles-3-steps-to-optimizing-your-web-site-one-page-cheat-sheet-151619