- is bing better than google
- bing is better than google
- is bing a better choice than google
- why i like bing better than google
- better than google
- 2013 which is better bing or google
- is bing better than google? 2013
- The Is Bing better than Google? post was an excellent match since each of these keywords appear in the title, URL and body of text.
- Although this is an URL someone has copied it into the search box and looked for mentions of that URL. In my post what are cookies? I referenced this URL so it returned a hit.
- does yahoo access cookies to advertise
- Yahoo! advertising and cookies was a very good match to this query because important keywords matched the title.
- “the internet is a(n) ________ whereas the web is a(n) ________”
the internet is a(n) ________ whereas the web is a(n) ________.
- What is the web? discussed the difference between the internet and the web.
- url created by gerard murphy
- Although my name was incorrectly spelt (Gerald vs Gerard) this blog’s index page was a hit. Spelling mistakes can affect ranking since there is a mismatch of keywords.
- post a blog comment mobile website designer
- My post on Mobile search and responsive design was a good match for this query since keywords matched “mobile”, “design”.
- technorati search
- Gerald Murphy’s search now on Technorati was a good match but the searcher, in this case, may have wanted to find information on Technorati’s search facilities. Search engines do not always get keyphrases in context.
- google laptop
- Google’s new laptop rumour was a good match for this query but the ranking would not have been very good because this was a one off article about Google’s laptop rumour on a search engine blog. It would have ranked high if this blog was about Google or laptops.
- how long does it take to get bing webmaster tools show data
- how long takes blog appear in bing search
- How long does it take Google, Yahoo and Bing to index a website? was a good match for this query. I suspect that this was a quick query (i.e. the searcher wanted to find out numeric data then leave).
- xbox 360 specifications
- The newsjacking post on Microsoft’s new Xbox returned a hit for this query because the Xbox 360 was mentioned in the post. This post, furthermore, was about Microsoft’s X box so the search engine knows this post was relevant to an Xbox searcher.
- does google index tumblr
- what word search to put when searching for jobs
- These queries do not have a specific blog post to match for. Because search engines know this blog is about search engine technologies they returned this blog since keywords are a match “google”, “search”, “searching”.
- google complies with laws
- Google complies with EU laws was a good match for this query since most of the keywords appear in the title and some in the URL.
- This advanced search, comprised of +/and commands, was an excellent match for this blog because of the Simply put: Keyword searching post.
- gerald murphy seo
- This blog was an excellent match for this query. My name and the term “seo” features a lot on this blog.
- quality seo uk 2013
- Quality, SEO and Google was an excellent match for this query because these terms frequently appear in the text, title and URL.
- html “title tag” seo
- Simply put: Title tag and SEO was an excellent match for this query because almost reflect the title tag of this post. These terms also appear frequently in the body of text.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
What do I write about?aim amazon analysis apps bachelor bing blog cookie cookies data deep web degree design digital dissertation engine EU flash free gerald google GUI html improve improve ranking information interface internet invisible web keyword knowledge law legal localised local search manchester marketing media microsoft mobile murphy newsjacking online Organic PageRank paid personalisation plain english PPC privacy quality quality information rank ranking responsive search search analysis search engine semantic seo smartphone social social-media statistics subscription surface web tablet technology twitter uk undergraduate web webmaster website yahoo
- Introducing PPC information retrieval November 24, 2014Computational advertising is a fairly new coined term and is comprised of three elements: Sponsored search (SS) places ads on the search engine results page Conextual advertising (ConAd) deals with placing ads on third-party web pages Social adverting (SA) is … Continue reading →geraldmurphysearch
- Why ‘links’ will die by 2017 August 9, 2014Death of gaining natural links Links will ultimately disappear because of the increasing popularity of mobile devices , coupled with our user behaviour this will kill links: We do not link out to other web sites on mobiles, as such, … Continue reading →geraldmurphysearch
- Introducing PPC information retrieval November 24, 2014
Search Gerald’s blog