The terms and conditions for developers state that Google Glass will not display advertisements. Companies will not be allowed to charge for apps.
Specification of Google Glasses*
- Each pair of glasses will come with two extra pairs of nosepads in two sizes to allow the adjustable frames to fit on any face
- A 5MP camera will record videos in 720p.
- Bone Conduction Transducer audio technology will be used
- G WiFi technology and bluetooth will allow connection to the internet (and possibly other glasses?!)
- 12GB of memory which can be synced to Google’s cloud service
- The battery will be similar to most mobiles in use today (one day on full charge, or less for Hangouts or video recording)
- Charger is micro USB
- Any bluetooth mobile will be able to connect to Google Glasses
- MyGlass will be a companion app on Android mobiles (Ice Cream Sandwich or higher)
*(Google 2013: online)
What about other companies?*
Chinese search engine Baidu is currently working on a similar project to Google Glass. Japanese firm Telepathy Inc might be Google’s competitor
* Source: BBC (2013: online).
- BBC (2013) Google Glass: No advertising allowed, developers told [Online] [Accessed on 16th April 2013] http://is.gd/20WCkg
- Google (2013) Tech specs. [Online] [Accessed on 16th April 2013] http://is.gd/YhC2yW